Bishop Paiute Tribe Enrollment Department
It is the Mission of the Bishop Paiute Tribal Enrollment Department to maintain, update and secure the tribal membership records of the Bishop Paiute Tribe in compliance with Bishop Paiute Tribe Enrollment Ordinance of July 1996.
Step 1 : Tribal Membership Criteria
All applications received for consideration of membership are administered following the process outlined in the Bishop Paiute Tribal Enrollment Ordinance of July 1996, ensuring each new member is a Lineal Descendent of a member of the Bishop Paiute Tribe Base Roll, established July 1996, consisting of Original Family Members, Land Assignment Holders and Land Exchange Participants.
Step 2 : How to Apply for Enrollment - Bishop Paiute Tribe
Contact the Bishop Paiute Tribe Enrollment Department to request the Enrollment Packet which consists of the Cover letter, Application, Family Tree, Child Custody Questionnaire, Enrollment Ordinance and additional Family Research Resource Material. We recommend reviewing the cover letter for complete directions as to how you should complete the application and what additional documentation is required in order to submit a complete application packet.
Step 3 : Enrollment Committee Review
The Enrollment Committee meets twice a month on the First and Third Tuesday of the month to review new applicants for membership. The burden of proof is upon the applicant to establish and prove their eligibility to enroll into the Bishop Paiute Tribe and in so doing; it is the responsibility of the Enrollment Committee to review each application packet completely to ensure eligibility.
- Tribal Enrollment Membership Cards
- Monthly Enrollment Newsletter Page to keep you updated
- Bishop Tribal Verifications for use in apply to Social Services, Scholarships and Health Services
- Change of Address and/or Name Change to keep your file up-to-date
- Minor Trust Statements
- State of California Fish and Game Low Income Fishing License
- State of California Fish and Game, National Eagle Repository
- Verification of Indian Preference for Employment
Burial Program Services available to all eligible Tribal Members
How to Access Tribal Members Services:
- Local Residents are welcome to visit our office at 50 Tu-Su, Lane Bishop, CA, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Out-of-Area Residents can email Crystal Andreas at email@example.com in order to obtain your forms via email or the website or have forms sent directly to your address.
(760) 873-3584 Ext. 1500
Tribal Enrollment Forms
important downloadable forms for membership & current members
Enrollment Card Request
Receive your enrollment card. Submit a photo of yourself, (passport style) with your request if you are mailing in.
Enrollment Procedual Policy Manual
The established enrollment procedures of the tribes Enrollment Ordinance of1996 .